With 30 years’ experience in designing outstanding customer experiences for companies including LG, British Airways, Toyota, Gulf Air and Johnson and Johnson, tangerine’s CEO Martin Darbyshire, has been invited to join a round table discussion on the opportunities for airlines to access new customers at the Passenger Experience Conference, 1st April 2019.
Martin will consider how an inclusive attitude and innovative solutions could create an onboard experience that works for every passenger, including those travellers with mobility, visual or hearing impairments.
The round table discussion will bring together a cross-section of experts across the value chain, to deliver a more holistic understanding of the challenges and potential solutions or innovations.
The discussion will cover three key points:
1. For someone to fly in their ‘own’ wheelchair requires a unique solution inside the aircraft cabin, which will require the aviation industry to innovate together – can this be done?
2. IATA predicts passenger number will double by 2036 and PRMs (passengers with reduced mobility) are rising in double-digit figures yearly. How can we best accommodate them with dignity during air travel?
3. Is there an appetite for change and what are the benefits for customers and airlines?
The panel will be held at 16:45 – 18:00 on the 1st April and is chaired by Paul Priestman of PriestmanGoode, with the following speakers:
– Martin Darbyshire, Chief Executive Officer, tangerine
– Zuzana Hrnkova, Vice President Marketing, ATR
– Christopher Wood, Lobbyist, Flying Disabled
– Geraldine Lundy, Passenger Accessibility Manager, Virgin Atlantic
– David Brown, Business Development Director, Bluebox Aviation Systems
You can find out more information and how to join the discussion here: